A delicious Asian dish that can be paired with any kind of protein like vegan planted chicken.
320 gr Thai rice noodles (preferably flat, Pad Thai-type noodles)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for stir-frying)
200 gr Planted Chicken
For the Toppings:
Garnish: 1 handful basil (fresh)
Garnish: a handful of chopped or ground cashews
For the Basil Sauce:
60 gr basil (fresh)
40 gr dry cashews (dry roasted unsalted)
3 to 4 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons coconut (or olive oil)
1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed or fresh lemon juice)
1 tablespoons fish sauce (or 1+1/2 tablespoons [wheat-free] soy sauce for vegetarians/vegans)
Optional: 1 chili (red, minced OR 1/4 cayenne pepper or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed chili)
2. Allow noodles to soak while you prepare the sauce (8 to 15 minutes, depending on how thin or thick your noodles are).
3. Then drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to keep from sticking.
4. While noodles are soaking, place all basil sauce ingredients in a mini-chopper or food processor. Blitz to create a beautiful, brilliant green sauce.
5. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in the oil and swirl around, then add the noodles (you will hear them sizzle when they hit the hot pan).
6. Using a couple of utensils, gently turn the noodles, scooping them up from the bottom of the pan/wok.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue frying another minute, or until noodles are soft but chewy (al dente) in texture. If still too firm, add another tablespoon of sauce and continue stir-frying another minute or two, until desired softness is reached.
8. Remove from heat. Add all remaining sauce and toss well to distribute.
9. Do a taste-test, adding a little more fish sauce (or soy sauce) if not salty enough. If too salty for your taste, add another squeeze of lime juice. If not spicy enough, add a little more chili.
10. On the side cook Planted Chicken and add it to the noodle bowl
11. To serve, slide noodles onto a serving platter, or onto individual plates or pasta bowls.
12. Top with a sprinkling of fresh basil plus chopped or ground cashews.