February 23, 2023
Vegan Coriander & Carrot Soup
A comforting vegan soup, perfect for the cozy 'stay at home' days.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 500 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium floury potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan then fry the onion with a big pinch of salt for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the spices and cook for a minute then stir in the carrots and potatoes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use a stick blender or pour into a blender and whizz until smooth, then stir in most of the coriander and season.
- Serve topped with the croutons and an extra sprinkle of coriander, as you like.